Safety tips to make your Canada Day safe and enjoyable:
- Make sure you are always around a parent or guardian when using sparklers.
- Never light a sparkler yourself. Leave this task to the adults.
- Hold the end of the sparkler out in front of you to avoid getting burned.
- Never light sparklers indoors or near dry grass. They can easily start a fire.
- Once finished with your sparklers, give them to an adult to dispose of properly.
- When an adult is lighting a firework, stand far enough away to give them room and to not get hurt.
Have fun and be safe.