While your parents are driving, it’s important that you’re being safe too. Here are some tips about things you can do to make it easier for them:
- Do buckle your seatbelt and make sure it’s nice and tight.
- Don’t stick your head or any part of your body out the window.
- Don’t scream or make loud noises. The noise could take your parents by surprise.
- Don’t distract the driver by poking or touching them.
- Don’t argue with anyone in the car.
- Do play travel games in the car, like road sign bingo or I Spy.
- Do use the washroom before leaving, even if you don’t think you need to. It could be a while before you get another chance to use one.