Do you live on a farm?
Here are a few things to remember when you are having fun around the farm:
- When you go out to play, stay in the designated play area.
- Do not play on, around, in, or under any farm equipment or machinery, even when it is not on.
- Do not play around ponds or in the manure pits.
- Stay away from any chemicals or pesticides.
- If your parents allow you to be around farm animals, be calm, move slowly, and avoid loud noises – animals are very sensitive to your actions.
Are you visiting a farm?
I love school field trips to the farm or when my parents take me during the summer. But I am always reminded to follow the rules during my visit:
- Stay alert, and be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not touch any farm equipment or objects you are unfamiliar with.
- Keep with the group, and don’t wander off.
- All animals could be dangerous. Never visit or attempt to pet an animal without being supervised by the farmer.
- Do not go through or climb over gates without checking with the farmer first.
- Wash hands frequently, and prior to eating.
It is easy to stay out of harm's way and have fun on the farm at the same time!