Outdoor Winter Fun
Before heading outdoors for some winter fun, below are some winter safety reminders.
- Dress warm when playing outdoors. Always wear your hat outdoors because most body heat is lost through the head.
- You should never play outside alone. Play with one or more of your friends, so that you can look out for one another.
- Check in from time to time with your parents.
- Take frequent breaks and go inside for a warm drink.
- Never put your tongue on cold metal. It may sound silly, but some kids still do it.
- Do not play in or on snowbanks. The driver of the snowplow or other vehicle may not see you.
- Play in an area away from roads, fences, and water.
- Do not build snow forts or make tunnels. They may collapse and you could suffocate.
- Don't throw snowballs. Snowballs fights can lead to injuries, especially to the eyes. Snowballs are more dangerous if the snow is hard-packed or contains a rock or some other hard object.